Jobs & training for Nurses in Netherlands
This page is for international nurses from EU & non-EU who are allowed to work in the Netherlands
Through the pre-employment training program for nurses you get a good command of the professional qualifications needed to work as a healthcare provider in the Netherlands. You participate in a practice-oriented programme that focuses on language skills, Dutch culture, and professional language. You will also learn about the Dutch healthcare system and relevant legislation. At the end of the program you will participate in a refresher nursing course consisting of theory and practice, this training is accredited by V&VN (the Dutch nursing association). After the training program you will join Avant Talent Group as an employee.
Do you want to know more about the pre-employment training program for nurses, or do you have questions about it? You can send us an email. We will respond as soon as email@example.com
Our training programs are currently full. Pre apply for programs starting from April 2023.
Start 1: August 22, 2022 (at level A1) – FULL
Location: Online + Tilburg
Class times: Mon – Fri 09.00 – 16.00 (CEST)
Start 2: October 24, 2022 (at level B1) – FULL
Duration: est. 34 weeks
Class size: 8 to 12 participants
How to work in healthcare in the Netherlands?
Nurses with foreign qualifications who want to work in the Netherlands as a verzorgende IG (licensed practical nurse) or as a verpleegkundige (BIG registered nurse) need to obtain a Certificate of Professional Competence from CIBG. CIBG is part of the Ministry of healthcare and regulates professions in healthcare. Additionally, it is important to have a good command of the Dutch language to be able to communicate with your patients, colleagues, and relatives of your patients.
To qualify for the program and subsequent employment you need to meet the following criteria:
- You have or will have a valid residence permit for the Netherlands or nationality from an EEA country that does not require a work permit (your residence permit should mention ‘arbeid vrij toegestaan’);
- You are available on weekdays from 09.00 to 16.00 for the entire duration of the training program;
- You have a nursing degree (for example a Bachelor of Science in Nursing);
- You have work experience as a nurse.
Impression of the program
We offer an intensive 34 weeks language training that prepares you for working in Dutch healthcare. You’ll learn the Dutch language up to level B2. When you are selected for the training program you are offered employment after successful completion of the language training and after obtaining your certificate from CIBG. We’ll also process your application with CIBG for you.
- Get back into your field of nursing in the Netherlands;
- Become fluent in Dutch at no cost to you;
- Study together with other international nurses who have the same goal as you;
- We ensure smooth sailing through the process of recognition by CIBG;
- Learn Dutch to a high level so you feel comfortable to communicate in your future Dutch workplace!
We sponsor most of the costs including the following:
- Language training costs;
- Budget for accommodation in Tilburg for class days;
- Exam fees for CIBG;
- All study books and materials.
Do you want to work in healthcare in the Netherlands? Avant Academy offers a unique training program that will prepare you in 34 weeks for working in Dutch nursing homes and home care.
After completion of the language training and after obtaining your Certificate of Professional Competence from CIBG Avant Talent Group will offer you an employment contract. During your employment you will work at one of our reputable partner healthcare organisations in the long term care. The contract will be for 28 to 32 hours per week as verzorgende-IG (licensed practical nurse). Your employment conditions are in accordance with the collective labor agreement. For verzorgende IG (licensed practical nurse) expect a starting total salary of €2.600 gross per month (based on 32 hours per week).
During your employment we may offer you the opportunity to become a BIG registered nurse by following our additional 3 month training program that is designed for foreign trained nurses to prepare for the BI – exam. If you obtain your BIG-registration, you may be promoted to verpleegkundige (registered nurse). For verpleegkundige expect a starting total salary of €2.850 to €3.100 gross per month (based on 32 hours per week).
Place of work
You will work at one of our partners healthcare institutions who are a part of the Dutch Public Healthcare System such as a nursing home or home care provider near to where you live. We are always looking for nurses in areas such as Haarlem, Badhoevedorp, Amstelveen, Hoofddorp, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht, Hilversum, Nieuwegein, Groningen, Tilburg, Eindhoven, Geldrop, Schoonhoven, Gouda, Amersfoort, The Hague, Zoetermeer, Roermond, Heerlen, Landgraaf, Arnhem en Nijmegen.
- Apply by sending us your CV and ideally a short introduction of yourself;
- You’ll be invited for an interview in Tilburg or via Zoom;
- Selected applicants will be invited for our open day;
- You will participate in assessments focussed on assessing your professional competencies;
- We conduct a pre-employment screening;
- We offer you a sponsorship agreement for the training program.
Language training program
The program program’s goal is to get your command of the Dutch language to fluency. The classes are daily from 09.00 to 16.00. At the beginner levels (A1 and A2) you will learn general Dutch. From level B1 onward the course is focussed on the language as it is used in the nursing practice. Most of the classes are conducted virtually through video conferencing software. Every 3 to 4 weeks there are classes in Tilburg.